Wednesday, August 8, 2012

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Another ingredient I'm trying to avoid is High Fructose Corn Syrup. This is so hard to do. It's in so many things!  I know I will not be able to completely avoid it, but the more I cut out the better.  There is a belief that a major reason for the obesity epidemic is largely to do with the introduction of HFCS into our food supply.  From what I understand, basically our bodies don't metabolize it completely and it just turns to fat that is really hard to get rid of.  ( that is a really REALLY summarized version ) It also has been found that it is very hard on the liver. I've made a tab at the top of the blog to collect articles I find that explain why this 'food' is good to avoid.  Grocery shopping has become like a hunting expedition. Finding something that has no soy OR HFCS is quite the task. It can be done.....

No comments:

Post a Comment